Vicente - Collection C. Kleiss
At Valencia
         She was built on 1899 by William Harkess as Edith. On 1914 she was bought by Candeira y Estens y Paris Hermanos, registered in Spain and renamed Paris. On 1918 she was sold to José Redó, Lino Plá y Pedro Soller and renamed Vinaroz, being bought by Sociedad Antonio Ferrer Peset on 1928 and renamed Vicente. On 1942 she was sold to Compañia Comercial Maritima de Transportes, keeping the name. Only one year later she was sold to a German shipping company and renamed as Taganrog, but few months later, on 09/September/1943, was captured by the British forces and renamed Violetta. On 24/October/1943 was sunk by German planes off Samos.
Shipyard / Year William Harkess / 1899
Dead Weight 713 MT
Gross Register 534 MT
Length 49.7 mtr
Breadth 7.9 mtr
Depth 3.7 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 328 H.P.
Bought 1928
to
Owner J. Redó, L. Plá y P. Soller
Sold 1942
to
Owner Cia. Com. Mar. de Transportes
Sunk 1943



  Spanish version 



Back to Vasco  Back to Index  Go to Villarramiel

AM © 2017