Piles - Collection C. Kleiss
At Cádiz. On the background was the El Priorato with the funnel of Naviera Pinillos, because she was chartered to it.
        She was built in 1917 by Astilleros del Cantábrico as Asuncion ordered by José Tartiere. After he created the Sociedad Industrial Asturiana Santa Bárbara, the vessel was transfered to it in 1950. In 1962 she was bought by Andrés Ruiz de Velasco, being renamed Piles, name kept until scrapping, although she was owned since 1967 by Ceferino Yáñez Larralde, since 1970 by Eduardo Cabrera Robayna and since 1974 by Agrupación Marítima. She was scrapped at Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 1977.
Shipyard/Year Astilleros del Cantábrico / 1917
Dead weight 366 MT
Gross register 254 GRT
Net register 123 NRT
Length 40.5 mtr
Breadth 6.8 mtr
Depth 2.9 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 132 H.P.
Bought 1964 to
Owner Soc. Ind. Ast. Santa Bárbara
Scrapped 1977



  Spanish version 



Back to Picoblanco  Back to Index  Go to Playa Real

AM © 2018