Ogoño - Collection C. Kleiss
Berthed at Rouen
        She was built on 1894 by Furness, Withy & Co. as Cundall. She was flagged in Spanish on 1899 when bought by Gartiez y Mendialdua, being at same time renamed Ogoño, name that conserved all her life in spite of passing by several shipowners. On 1903 she was sold to Compañía de Navegación Olazarri, which were the shipowners under which she sailed for a longer time. On 1918 she was bought by Compañía Naviera La Blanca, being sold on 1922 to Sociedad Minera Villaodrid. On 1923 she passed to the Compañía del Vapor Ogoño, on 1927 to Sanda Mendi and on 1928 to Compañía Naviera Bidasoa. She sank on 18/August/1929 due to a collision when she steamed loaded with iron ore from Castro Urdiales to the United Kingdom. Unfortunately 18 of her 24 crewmembers died.
Shipyard/Year Furness, Withy & Co. / 1894
Dead Weight 3,650 MT
Gross Register 2,416 GRT
Length 88.4 mtr
Breadth 12.3 mtr
Depth 5.7 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 984 H.P.
Speed 8.5 knots
Bought 1903 to
Owner Gartiez y Mendialdua
Sold 1918 to
Owner Cía. Naviera La Blanca
Sunk 1929



  Spanish version 



Back to North Anglia  Back to Index  Go to Okume

AM © 2017