Manuel Espaliu - Collection C. Kleiss
      She was built in 1878 for Vinuesa y Cía, that in 1903 became Compañía Anónima de Vapores Vinuesa. From her building she was called Manuel Espaliu, name that she kept almost all her life, although she was owned by serveral companies.
      After Vinuesa her owners were: Piconell, since 1913; Fábregas y Garcías, since 1919; Manuela Plá Forner - Viuda de Borrás Fábregas, since 1923; Pedro Garcías Seguí, since 1925 and Trasmediterránea since 1926. In 1931 she was bought by Hermanos González Alegre and renamed Mercedes de Alegre. She was scrapped in 1935.
Shipyard/Year A. Leslie / 1878
Dead Weight 1,430 MT
Gross Register 990 GRT
Length 64.0 mtr
Breadth 9.0 mtr
Depth 4.9 mtr
Propulsion Alternative triple expansion
Power 510 H.P.
Bought 1926 to
Owner Pedro Garcías Seguí
Sold 1931 to
Owner Hermanos González Alegre
Scrapped 1935

Manuel Espaliu - Collection C. Kleiss
      These photos show her at Seville when her owner was Vinuesa, and Seville her home port. On the first one she was berthed close to the Torre del Oro, with La Giralda on the background. This one at the other bank of the river, berthed at Triana piers; on the background was the Torre del Oro. At the forward mast was the Vinuesa house flag.



  Spanish version 



Back to Manen  Back to Index  Go to Mar Caribe

AM © 2016